Tuesday, July 2, 2013

STARTING AN ORGANIC GARDEN


STARTING AN ORGANIC GARDEN



Dan and I will soon be moving to a larger unit right in the same complex. I chose the colors of mustard yellow and burnt orange for when we begin painting, for they are the Mexican festival colors. Also, yellow is my favorite color and Dan’s is orange. This week we will be picking up the colors and will begin. 
                    

The couch and coffee table will be the traditional Mexican style made from pig skin on the seat and arm rest. The color I am picking out is winter green and my dinning room table set will match the living room set. We are going to order them tomorrow since we are coming from the organic market on the other side of Ajijic. There is this Mexican family that has a small business, which is on the side of the road along the way we walk back to our home. It is custom made for your desire and takes a week to make. I can’t wait to show them off. Dan likes them best because for all that, it will only be $395.00 American dollars. What a bargain!




Okay, now my other project is the organic garden. Last week I weeded and turned over the soil. The manager and person that are taking care of Hotel Perico are going to place this tall fence around the area to keep the creatures out. Along with the fencing he will bring in some organic soil and some bricks to line the beds. I can hardly wait to begin and grow the vegetables and herbs.












Right now as I enjoy my organic fruit and vegetables from the organic markets around us, I have been keeping seeds from them and placing them in small containers on my porch. They are starting to sprout and soon will be ready to be planted in the new garden. Right now here in Mexico it is the right time to plant for it is the rainy season. The great part of that is it only rains at night. I am from Florida and during the rainy season it rains during the day. I call and talk to my mother and every day it has been raining in Florida with thunderstorms, so this is great that it only rains at night here.

I want to thank in advance my neighbors and the manager, Tom for helping this goal come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment