Tuesday, July 25, 2017

MEDICAL CARE

KIDNEY STONES
The last couple of weeks I have been experiencing pain in the lower back and abdomen.  Not knowing what it could be, I lived with this pain for about a week before going to the doctors. After ruling out the possibilities, I was told to have a urine sample and a CT scan.  Well, it ended up being a kidney stone that was lounged in tight and would not come out on its own. This meant that I would have to have a procedure; cystoscopic extraction of renal lithasis to blast it out, which amounted to a stay in the hospital and a stent to be also placed for about five weeks. 

I am home now writing as a way of a healing process.  The difference is that I am sharing with others and such like my husband, I had my procedure and hospital stay in Mexico.  About six years ago we moved to Mexico after receiving functional medicine treatments for cancer.  I am very humble to say without surgery, chemo or radiation and no side effects and now that journey of my life is over.  All I have to do is keep up a home program to prevent any other occurrence.  Dan and I originally moved to Mexico for financial reasons; however, for now it’s our home for we received a permanent 
residence.  We are enjoying the people and the culture.

Now, getting back to my kidney stone and the experience that I received.  I have a fantastic physician that was born in Mexico; however, grew up in the Chicago area in the states.  He received his education in the states and about five years ago decided to open up a practice in the area of Guadalajara where there is a large ex-pat community. He was there all the way, by guiding Dan and I like he did when Dan had his heart stent procedure.  Also, like last year when Dan had a Cardiac Arrest.  With his passion and knowledge, we are in stable condition.   

 I first would like to thank Chapala Med – Dr. Hernandez for his passion and friendship. Even though he has been going through some family illness, his patients are always on his mind and takes his profession to a step higher.

Second, I would like to give thanks to the team of Dr. Ricardo Orozco for removing my kidney stone and being so gentle.

Third, the Arista Hospital for the personal treatment.  Dan was able to stay with me in the private room.  There was a couch and a reclining chair.

The prices were much lower than it would have cost in the states.  I had insurance with a deductible of $3,500.00, which the whole stay equaled out to about that.

Again, the difference I faced throughout my care was I being in Mexico and really not able to speak Spanish.  I know it would be a challenge interacting with the nurses, however; it went amazingly well.  All my doctors spoke English and I was able to understand.

The moral of this story is How Safe is Mexico.  It is as save as any other place in the US. The hospitals are no different than the ones in the states, just less expensive.  There are safe places as well as places that you should not visit and there are hospitals that are rated just like in the states.  I have found that Mexico has gotten a name that it is a third world country.  I disagree, for where I have traveled they have the most modern malls, techniques, schools, and cars.  All over the country I see American Brand stores and restaurants.


For the past five years I have felt save to call Mexico my home for now.


1 comment:

  1. Hiring packers and movers in Gurgaon is not too hard if you take help of the best moving professionals. Best movers and packers Gurgaon assist with their skilled and trained team to pack, load, unload and unpack your belongings.
    So be aware and hire the best mover packer to save your valuables.
    packers and movers Gurgaon
    packers and movers Gurgaon Charges

    ReplyDelete